Why I Fed 120 Widows…Islamic Singer, Rukayat Gawat Oyefeso
One of Nigeria's top Islamic female musicians and daughter of popular TV personality, Alhaji Rasaq Aremu Gawat, Rukayat Gawat Oyefeso, have taken time out to feed widows in remembrance of her missing father.
The singer fed about 120 widows in her annual event which was tagged “IMOLE DAY,” as she also used the opportunity to launch her new music flick 'Ogbe Okan' part 3.
According to Yoruba movie gist, the singer explaining why her choice of widows, said she sees them as a sect in the society that requires attention and assistance.
“I also believe Allah answers their prayers rapidly and I want them to also join me in prayers on my father. We wake up daily, hoping to see him return to the house and since we have exhausted all we could humanly do, we are relying solely on God to miraculously help us out. Apart from the widows, I also gave out gifts items to so many of my fans who have been part of my progress in music,” she said.
She said though her father has not been found but that the family remains optimistic that he will soon show up in the house.
- Nigerian Celebrities Younger Than Age 25 - Year 20
- Moesha Buduong allegedly fighting 'spiritual illne
- I don’t sleep around for movie roles – Angela Egua
- Some more: Nigerian singer MC Wallywa's song debut
- Idia Aisien is Blanck Magazine’s Cover Star: Talks
- 'Eyimofe’: Twin Directors’ impressive Feature Debu
- Lydia Forson, Zynnel Zuh & Naa Ashorkor struggle w
- Ria Kosher Drops New Collection Tagged 'Loud Silen
- Censors Board, filmmakers harp on effective imple
- Iyo: Diamond Platnumz uniting Africa with new song