Nollywood Ban: Mercy Johnson Knows Fate Today, AGN Wades In
Over the weekend, a reported move by some marketers to ban Mercy Johnson from Nollywood caused ripples in the polity. The imbroglio become more roused when the actress took to twitter to lambast the marketers and disclosed that if they (marketers) cannot afford her, they should try other actresses and not make empty threats about blacklisting her as being widely reported.
However, we have gathered that Mercy Johnson will know her fate today after the marketers, in Onitsha Zone, in Anambra State, meet today, Thursday, November 7, 2013, to decide on the matter.
According to what an industry source told Nollywoodgists.com, Mercy Johnson got herself into more trouble, after the reported ban, when she wrote some posts on twitter on the issue. "Mercy Johnson aggravated the whole issue when she dared the marketers on twitter," the source said.
Nollywoodgists.com learnt that several complains were brought against the actress about her alleged rudeness, gross indiscipline on movie sets and her high appearance fee, which the marketers deliberated upon. It was agreed at the meeting that an appropriate action would be taken on Mercy Johnson's case today when the marketers meet again.
Meanwhile, Nollywoodgists.com contacted President of the Actors guild of Nigeria (AGN), Ibinabo Fiberesima for her reaction on this issue. She disclosed to us that the guild has already waded into the matter and things would be resolved amicably soon.
However, she stated that, "it's not true that marketers are planning to ban Mercy Johnson, but we have already moved into the case. Mercy Johnson is one of us."
Also, Nollywoodgists.com made efforts to contact the President of Association of Movie Producers (AMP) Zik Zulu on this matter, but neither did he pick his calls nor reply a text message sent to his phone number, as at press time.
© 2013 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Raunchy, Sassy, Daring - Nigerian Rapper, Nappy Gi
- Miss Vivian Okpala crowned The New Face Of Nigeria
- Jessy emerges winner of ‘Help the Hard Worker’ Awa
- Rashida Bello Expensively Stormed Dubai For Weight
- Nigeria Entrepreneur and Philanthropist Chief Ndui
- Pastor Dickson Of Wealthy Nations Ministry Weds Mi
- Nigeria- International Beauty, Entrepreneur and Su
- Bold. Beautiful. Daring. It's Shaffy Bello in All
- First Of It's Kind Nigeria Made "TAT Fragrance" La
- 24 Years UNN Undergraduate Chioma Patyline Emerges