City Flame | 1 November 2017 12:45 CET

American Embassy officials Damages Peter Rufai's Car in Lagos

Former Nigeria international, Peter Rufai has raised an alarm over his encounter with some security officials of the American Embassy in Lagos last week.

According to the former Nigeria goalkeeper, he was returning from a party organised by a family member in the early hours of Tuesday, October 24 when he drove past a stationary American Embassy armoured SUV near Alaka bus stop, in Surulere area of Lagos.

The moment I drove past them, they started pursuing me, from Alaka I went through under the stadium bridge through Adeniran Ogunsanya then to the Bode Thomas Police station where I stopped for my safety and to lay a complaint.

“As they were pursuing me, they kept bashing the side of my car, like what we see in the movies. I became afraid of my life because I did not know who the occupants were. I want them to be punished for them to know that what they did was wrong,”Rufai said.

According to police sources, the American Embassy officials accused Rufai of brushing them and when they flagged him down, he failed to stop.

“That resulted in the chase.” the source said.

The Public Relations Officer of the Bode Thomas Police Station, Olaride Famous Cole confirmed the incident to Vanguard saying, “there was a minor traffic matter involving Peter Rufai and officials of the Embassy but the Divisional Police Officer was ready to settle the two parties amicably.

Nigerian comedian, Seyi Law, is really and he cannot count his blessings because God has just been there for him all through his little journey on earth and still counting. The comedian has been nursing how to build a strong foundation and empire
Popular Nollywood actor, Aremu Afolayan, has affirmed the assertion of fellow actor, Yemi Solade, on how some of their industry colleagues live above their income. Aremu who has been constantly perceived as Lagos big boy, recently spoke with Punch
Nigerian Filmmaker, Perekeme Odon, has recently proven that aside understanding the Nigerian movie industry he also knows how to ensure that he helps position the industry to the needed standard. Perekeme, who recently contested for the post of th
One of Nigeria’s popular gospel singer, Solomon Lange, is all set to give testimony in Church this Sunday as he survive a Car accident that would have claimed his life. The Minister of God who came out unhurt disclosed that he was driving to
Yoruba actor, Kolade Oyewande, has joined some of his colleagues to criticize the way some of his colleagues tends to bring shame to the industry through social media. The actor pointed out that they as upcoming actors have lots of people they loo