City Flame | 1 November 2017 12:45 CET

American Embassy officials Damages Peter Rufai's Car in Lagos

Former Nigeria international, Peter Rufai has raised an alarm over his encounter with some security officials of the American Embassy in Lagos last week.

According to the former Nigeria goalkeeper, he was returning from a party organised by a family member in the early hours of Tuesday, October 24 when he drove past a stationary American Embassy armoured SUV near Alaka bus stop, in Surulere area of Lagos.

The moment I drove past them, they started pursuing me, from Alaka I went through under the stadium bridge through Adeniran Ogunsanya then to the Bode Thomas Police station where I stopped for my safety and to lay a complaint.

“As they were pursuing me, they kept bashing the side of my car, like what we see in the movies. I became afraid of my life because I did not know who the occupants were. I want them to be punished for them to know that what they did was wrong,”Rufai said.

According to police sources, the American Embassy officials accused Rufai of brushing them and when they flagged him down, he failed to stop.

“That resulted in the chase.” the source said.

The Public Relations Officer of the Bode Thomas Police Station, Olaride Famous Cole confirmed the incident to Vanguard saying, “there was a minor traffic matter involving Peter Rufai and officials of the Embassy but the Divisional Police Officer was ready to settle the two parties amicably.

39 minutes ago
Wow, Nollywood actress, Monalisa Chinda, is just so adorable without makeup and you will agree that God really took time to mold her. The actress recently stepped out without makeup as she head for the super market where she prefers to buy her coo
45 minutes ago
[B]Ghanaian actress, Yvonne Nelson, is enjoying her new found love life with her British photographer lover & baby Daddy.[/B] The actress has kept his identity off social media until recently when the photos of her pregnancy emerged online. Yvo
Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels is currently facing part of the hot seat that comes with fame and at this point, her strength is being tested. The actress has been in the news of recent regarding a scam on helping people get movie roles but all
Singer, Oritsefemi, is not joking when he said his wedding which will be coming up on Saturday, 25th, 2017, is going to be like a carnival because he is ready for it. The singer is set to marry his long-time lover after they had their court weddin
Popular Yoruba actress, Fausat Abeni Balogun, sure had a nice time during the just held thanksgiving that took place in the US. The actress saw it as a day she could just have the best fun by requesting for a huge chicken to compliment the day.