Nollywood Actor Turned Politician, Augustine Ejike Accuses Producers Of Being Diabolic
Nollywood actor, Augustine Ejike Metu, popularly known as Methuselah, has featured in so many stage and film productions, and has also made tremendous contributions towards the growth of the industry.
He acted 'Rattle Snake,' 'Up to Rush,' 'Farewell to Babylon,' 'The Night Fall' and others. Though, there was no money in the movie industry in those days, his joy is that he is rated among the fore-runners in Nollywood.
In a recent interview, the ace actor now politician, attributed his long lay-off due to some producers who took pictures of actors to native doctors to know whether their faces will sell films.
'As someone who is not diabolical, I was not comfortable with that. So I decided to step aside,' he said.
According to him, producers were so greedy that that they want to release many films in a week.
'At a point producers became lords. They were so greedy and myopic that they released 10 films in a week with the same faces. Infact, they continued to repeat films. And being someone who is not too desperate in the things of life, I did not need to lick the ass of the producers,' he added.
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- DJ Big N Laments At Nigeria's Economy, Labels It T
- Seun Sean Jimoh Surprised At Scarcity Of Food In N
- Saga Stands Behind His BBNaija Female Colleagues
- Portable's Baby Mama Labels Him Irresponsible
- Mr Macaroni Adds To Feud Between Burna Boy and Dav
- Undergraduate Strife With Economic Turmoil
- Actor, Odunlade Adekola Enthralls Fans With Nice P
- Israel DMW And Shallipopi Fortunately Escape Death
- Jaywon Slams Eedris Abdulkareem Amidst Ongoing Rif
- Fight Between Eedris Abdulkareem And Burna Boy Con