Aki, Pawpaw Honour Austin Eneduwa
Pint-sized actors, Chinedu Ikedieze (Aki) and Osita Iheme (Pawpaw) are among the eminent personalities that graced the investiture ceremony of Austin Eneduwa-George as president of the Rotary Club of Maryland, over the weekend.
The Nollywood actors, who described Austin as a complete gentleman and good friend, stated that the honour bestowed on him is long overdue, considering his numerous assistance to humanity.
Revealing his plans, Rotarian Austin said his priority is to embark on projects that will reduce child/infant immortality and help to provide some basic amenities for people under his jurisdiction.
He said that, unlike in developed countries where government provides the basic needs of its citizens, Rotary clubs in Nigeria have been saddled with the responsibility of providing some basic amenities through their humanitarian services to their host communities.
The club, under the leadership of Austin, has already provided water boreholes and 2.5Kva generator (to pump water) for Onigbongbo community and it is currently embarking on another capital intensive project.
“Our capital project is the rehabilitation of Mende Health Centre, which is currently in a bad state. They've not been having constant power supply for the past three years. There is only a single bed in the maternity ward and the roofs are also leaking. So this the immediate project we are embarking on,” Austin said.
- American-based Kenyan Rockstar Benking The Artist
- Tems Bags First Grammy Award
- "Dreams Come True" Reactions Trail The Moment Seyi
- Tems Links Up With JAY Z And Beyonce In Pre Grammy
- Do You Know Idris Elba? See What He Intends To Do
- Paul Okoye's Girlfriend Is At It Again As She Reve
- Seyi Law Says A Swear On Himself And Promises To S
- "..He Put My Name On A Goat" Actress Laments Over
- Eniola Badmus Receives Appointment From Tinubu
- At Last! Mr Ibu And His Wife Reconciles