Lil Wayne Confirms Retirement Rumour, Blames It On Birdman
Lil Wayne has confirmed his retirement rumour, insisting that his upcoming ‘Tha Carter V’ will be his last solo LP.
In a new interview, the rapper confirmed that he is retired from music and blames it on his former boss, Birdman.
Giving reasons for his retirement, he said: “This is business. I have a family, I have kids, I have a mother. We got bills. This is business. Once the business is right, then everything is right,” Lil Wayne explained. “I did feel that way, and I didn't take the tweet down because I said I still feel that way.”
As for whether or not Lil Wayne would ever work with Birdman again, his response was “No.” But the rapper added that no matter how much he says he's retiring, he still haven't reached the “height” of his talent — nor will he stop creating in the studio.
Despite stepping down from music, Wayne did have one very important message for Birdman: “Gimme mine and I'll walk free.”
Speaking on his last album, he said, “I personally plan on this being my final solo album, yes and it’s definitely the final Carter album. It’s the final Carter album. It’s stopping at five,” he assured of the LP, which is slated to be released on May 5.
However, Wayne won’t fully hang up his mic, as he’ll still treat fans to guest features. “I plan on it being my final solo album,” he said. “Whenever I have to pitch in for a Young Money album, a Like Father, Like Son album and something like that and maybe something out the blue.”
- Singer, Simi's Mum Celebrates 1st Wedding Annivers
- No S3x for me Now Till Marriage Night...BBN Star,
- VP Yemi Osinbajo Stroms Ikeja Cinema to Watch Woli
- BBN Star, Bisola Aiyeola Celebrates 33rd Birthday
- BBM Star, Bambam Steps out Baring Chest in Public
- Your View Host, Morayo Brown Welcomes Baby Boy
- Bbnaija’s Khloe Flaunts Tattooed Bikini Body
- Actress, Uchenna Nnanna Shares Adorable Photos of