NEA Awards Not Credible—Solid Star
Award ceremonies are meant to reward those who have excelled in their various professions, but when such process is called to question, then there is trouble.
Before now, different Nigerian artistes have criticised some award events, casting doubts on their credibility. Most of them complain that awards are doled out by organisers to their close associates.
In the US, the Grammys is held in high esteem by musicians, while the Oscars is the perceived highest honour an actor can get. Even being nominated is celebrated and winning is worshipped and can change one's life for good. At least, Lupita Nyong'o can testify to this.
These two awards have stood the test of time.
Over the weekend, the Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) was held in the US and one person that is not happy with the turn out of things is Solid Star, who describe the ceremony as a joke.
According to him, “Most of these Nigerian awards are just jokes, especially NEA! All these highest famzer gets nominated and highest bidder win awards. I don't need your nominations to know that I'm making good music!”
However, some have criticised the artiste for going hard on NEA. Some of them have asked if Solid Star would have made this comment if he was nominated or had won the award.
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For
- Check out Face of Candycity Culture Joy Oghenetega
- Faith Ajayi The Melanin Queen Nigeria stuns in new
- BBNaija Lockdown, others emerge most-watched TV sh
- Julian Marley, Master KG and other stars set for A
- 5 Trends to Follow in 2021 to Boost your Beauty Bu
- Chief Donatus Okonkwo And Family Celebrate New Ana
- Meet Temilarge, fast rising Nigerian Afro Pop Sing
- Canadian based Nigerian DJ/Producer DJ JISM shows