Seven-Year Jail Term Proposed For Social Media Critics- Atiku Condemns the bill
I don't understand why people cannot criticize their corrupt leaders or under performing government officials anymore. The social media is the voice of the ordinary man, they can't take it away from us. Thank God, Atiku Abubakar is kicking against the proposed bill seeking seven-year jail term for social media critics.
We understand some people do misuse it but it has brought about more accountability and transparency from our leaders.
The proposed bill tends to reduce some inflammatory comments against the government of Nigeria and its leaders, especially President Goodluck Jonathan.
However, the former Vice President took to his Twitter page Thursday morning to condemn the proposed bill, saying that, “I have always told our political leaders to see social media as a performance barometer, and not a threat.”
Atiku during an interview on why he relies on social media, especially Twitter, said, “It's not all the time that I tweet. But then, I don't think it is a question of bringing myself low or cheapening it. But that is a question of connecting. I believe you love your children. If they love something, won't you love it?
© 2013 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Elites Fans Celebrate As Erica Nlewedim Bags Doubl
- Funmi Iyanda Discusses The Police's Reaction To Ra
- Star Radler Relaunches with a Refreshed New Look A
- LOOKBOOK: The Timeless Collection By Lucky Enemuo
- Moh outdoors new visuals for single ‘High Me’
- HERTUNBA debuts The ACTION LADY Collection
- Stunning photos of Queen Joy Ebhodaghe, Nigeria's
- ACTRESS AND MODEL, LINDA OSIFO SPEAKS ON HER APPE
- Nigerian born US-based Afrobeats Artist/ Model “Mu
- Signore Fusion Season 2 by Vanskere