Seven-Year Jail Term Proposed For Social Media Critics- Atiku Condemns the bill
I don't understand why people cannot criticize their corrupt leaders or under performing government officials anymore. The social media is the voice of the ordinary man, they can't take it away from us. Thank God, Atiku Abubakar is kicking against the proposed bill seeking seven-year jail term for social media critics.
We understand some people do misuse it but it has brought about more accountability and transparency from our leaders.
The proposed bill tends to reduce some inflammatory comments against the government of Nigeria and its leaders, especially President Goodluck Jonathan.
However, the former Vice President took to his Twitter page Thursday morning to condemn the proposed bill, saying that, “I have always told our political leaders to see social media as a performance barometer, and not a threat.”
Atiku during an interview on why he relies on social media, especially Twitter, said, “It's not all the time that I tweet. But then, I don't think it is a question of bringing myself low or cheapening it. But that is a question of connecting. I believe you love your children. If they love something, won't you love it?
© 2013 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Nigerian American music executive, Akeju features
- Flavour, Grammy-award winner Gordon Williams to he
- I have a very funny side - Joselyn Dumas
- Nigeria's Rep, Esther Gabriel shares stunning phot
- Superboy Cheque Thrills Audience To An Intimate Li
- James Johnson makes a comeback with new collection
- Interview: What AfroZons Dubai Soundoff is - Sheil
- I rejected small roles when I started my acting c
- Hollywood Prestigious Awards To Honour Dr. Michael
- Showmax drops spicy trailer for Basketmouth’s, Gha