Nigerian Defence Minister Slumps at Armed Forces Remembrance Day
Nigerian Defence Minister Slumps at Armed Forces Remembrance Day. Picture – Mrs. Olusola Obada being assisted by naval officers
Minister of State for Defence, Mrs. Olusola Obada, on Tuesday caused a stir when she slumped at the celebration of the Armed Forces Remembrance Day in Abuja where President Goodluck Jonathan, along with other top government officials and members of the diplomatic corps had gathered to honour Nigeria's fallen heroes.
Obviously exhausted after standing in the scorching sun with the service chiefs and other dignitaries for about four hours and jolted by the unexpected booms of artillery gunfire at the occasion, the minister slumped, her white hat fell off and she had to be assisted by aides who led her to a seat.
But in a swift reaction to the report that she lost her bearing, the minister, through her media aide, Mr. Femi Adefila, denied that she slumped or fell during the ceremony
- Chinwe Chibuike Foundation Set To Flag-off Full Sc
- Afro-pop Artiste, Olakira Releases Peppy 'maserati
- Yomi Casual taps Seyi Awolowo for New Campaign
- My mother packed sand to send me to school: 'Nolly
- Glory Okono Wins "face Of Ibom Nollywood" Contest
- Miss Kessy Isong Emerge Queen Of Aso Tourism, Set
- Tems Releases Highly Anticipated Debut Ep "for Bro
- Töme Offers 3-Pack Single “I Pray” with a Sean Kin
- Damilare, Christiana now millionaires as they emer
- Nissi Releases Visuals To Her Title Track 'ignite'