Pastor Chris Okotie Joins 2011 Presidential Race Again
Ahead of the 2011 general elections, the Pastor Chris Okotie of the Household of God Ministry has formerly declared his intention to contest for the position of President under the Fresh Democratic Party platform in next year's presidential election.
Reverend Okotie told journalists in Lagos that his motivation comes from a patriotic zeal to lead Nigeria through a much needed change.
His current declaration made it the third time the Man of God has formally unveiled his moves to lead the country. �
Reverend Okotie, who has contested the seat twice, charged President Goodluck Jonathan to write his name in gold by ensuring that every vote counts in the 2011 elections through viable mechanisms for free and fair elections in Nigeria as well as the conduct of acceptable on-going electoral reforms.
He claimed that the PDP-led federal government is a product of rigging, and could therefore set things right in the 2011 elections to elect and not to select people to represent Nigerians at leadership positions.
In his word he said, "One of these is electoral reform, and also transparency and good governance. We can't have true democracy if the people's votes do not count; where selection instead of election is what produces the leaders."
- Meet The Nigerian Pastor Who Predicted Laycon Winn
- Chinwe Chibuike Foundation Set To Flag-off Full Sc
- Afro-pop Artiste, Olakira Releases Peppy 'maserati
- Yomi Casual taps Seyi Awolowo for New Campaign
- My mother packed sand to send me to school: 'Nolly
- Glory Okono Wins "face Of Ibom Nollywood" Contest
- Miss Kessy Isong Emerge Queen Of Aso Tourism, Set
- Tems Releases Highly Anticipated Debut Ep "for Bro
- Töme Offers 3-Pack Single “I Pray” with a Sean Kin
- Damilare, Christiana now millionaires as they emer