‘I Rejected Sex For Movie Role’------Mercy Johnson
Sultry Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson, has said that achieving success in the Nigerian movie industry was not on a bed of roses, as she had been asked to take movie role in exchange for sex.
Mercy, who is arguably the most sought-after Nollywood actress of the moment, told nollywoodgists.com in an interview that it takes only God to be successful in the Nigerian movie industry.
When asked if she has been a victim of sexual harassment, the Kogi State-born damsel: said “yes! Such had come my way, but if you sleep around for roles, will you also sleep around to make your fans love your work? You only choose what you want. It only takes God to be successful in this industry.
“It's a matter of choice if the ladies are approached with such. If you feel that your body is cheap and worth the script, then go ahead, but it is an individual thing. If any lady tells you in Nollywood it hasn't happened to her, it is a cheap lie. Most people are scared of telling the truth, but the truth makes upcoming ones to watch their steps without making mistakes.”
Mercy was not born with a silver spoon in her mouth, so her growing up was terribly tough and now that the story has turned to success, she wouldn't mind becoming a child again if she has her way.
Hear her: “When I was in secondary school, I would wash my mates' clothes and polish their shoes to get paid so that I can also pay my brother's school fees, and whenever names of people owing school fees were mentioned, mine was always on top of the list.
“I faced a lot of embarrassment in school. My teachers flogged me; my uniform was always torn and tattered. When someone stole, they pointed at me because of my poor condition. It was a miserable life, but today, they're most shocked at my success. I lived an inferior life throughout my school days… if I have my way; I want to be a child again and live large.”
- Elites Fans Celebrate As Erica Nlewedim Bags Doubl
- Funmi Iyanda Discusses The Police's Reaction To Ra
- Star Radler Relaunches with a Refreshed New Look A
- LOOKBOOK: The Timeless Collection By Lucky Enemuo
- Moh outdoors new visuals for single ‘High Me’
- HERTUNBA debuts The ACTION LADY Collection
- Stunning photos of Queen Joy Ebhodaghe, Nigeria's
- ACTRESS AND MODEL, LINDA OSIFO SPEAKS ON HER APPE
- Nigerian born US-based Afrobeats Artist/ Model “Mu
- Signore Fusion Season 2 by Vanskere