American-based Nigerian music executive, Akeju calls for unity in Ghana, Nigeria artistes feud
US-based Nigerian music executive, Akeju Abass has reacted to the recent rift between Nigerian and Ghanaian stars.
Shatta Wale, during a live concert in Ghana accused Nigerian artistes of not loving and supporting them.
The rave rapper who filled Ghana’s biggest stadium at a concert recently told his fans that he did not need any Nigerian artiste to fill stadiums in his home country.
The statement has stirred lots of controversy and reactions from Nigerians including some stars like Burna Boy, Olamide and many others.
Akeju, who recently launched Faces of Afrobeats, a campaign to celebrate African artists urged stars from both countries to look at the positive side of building peace and a united Africa.
"The recent rift between Ghanaian and Nigerian stars is really disappointing. Music is one of Africa's biggest exports. We have international spotlight on us. This is time to preach peace and shouldn't allow any form of disunity set in", he said.
The faces of Afrobeats campaign has featured some notable African stars like, Grammy-award winner Angélique Kidjo, Burna Boy, Davido, Shatta Wale, Flavour, Psquare, Diamond Platnumz, Wizkid, Sarkodie, R2Beez, Simi, Yemi Alade and many others.
Akeju, while highlighting the impact of African music on global stage, added that Afrobeats has gained lots of positive reviews amongst music lovers.
"We launched the campaign to celebrate stars from Africa. Almost everywhere around the world people play our songs.
"Our artists are gaining international recognition and we feel its right time to put out a campaign to celebrate them", he stated.
The playlist for the campaign has been published on Spotify, amazon, and also featured on notable Bilboards across the world.
- Empire Hosts Inaugural Event Themed #empiresundown
- Infinity Ebere Ohakwe premiers Nollywood movie Ola
- I gave Kemi a hard time because I didn’t want to d
- Wendy Shay, other 4 African female artists to head
- Nigerian actor Abbey Abimbola bags Asia's achievem
- I need husband urgently – Eucharia Anunobi cries o
- Tonto Dikeh, Kemi Olunloyo Battle For Supremacy Ra
- 2face Idibia Visits Sound Sultan's Grave In The US
- Iheme Nancy laments Over Her Crashed investment
- Colleagues celebrates Ngozi Ezeonu as she turns 57