Nike Davies Crowns Yvonne Jegede As Erelu Of Nollywood
Nigerian Veteran artist and art connoisseur, Nike Davies Okundaye who is popularly known as Mama Nike Art Gallery, recently crowned Nollywood actress, Yvonne Jegede as the Erelu of Nollywood.
During a tour around the prestigious art gallery, Nike Art Gallery, Nike Davies crowned the actress as the Erelu of Nollywood for her talents and claims the actress truly portrays the ideal African Queen all through her tour of the gallery and interaction with the iconic art figure.
Yvonne Jegede is a Nigerian actress, film producer, model, and television personality; notable for producing 3 is Company. She rose to prominence after she made a cameo appearance in the music video African Queen by 2Face Idibia alongside Annie Macaulay and has featured in over 500 Nollywood movies since then.
The coronation was done in a Benin-like style which earned the actress a special necklace from the veteran art connoisseur as a gift for her new title as the first-ever lady to be crowned the Erelu of Nollywood and in attendance were notable personalities such as Samuel Olatunji (Bigsam) Idris Aregbe and Humblesmiths.
The veteran textile designer also recently crowned World recognized CNN Reporter, Richard Quest during his visit to the Nike Art Gallery in Lagos, Nigeria.
Regarding her new title, Yvonne Jegede had this to say “Acting is one thing while getting specially recognized is another…I can’t thank aunty Nike enough for this awesome title and gift because I legit didn’t see it coming…she is someone I really love and know she continues to give our tradition and nation more recognition to the world…I am indeed honoured”
Mama Nike Art Gallery had this to say regarding the actress “Yvonne is someone I really like and enjoy watching her movies because she makes it look so real…I feel she portrays the true African queen and deserves to be crowned the Erelu of Nollywood”
- Empire Hosts Inaugural Event Themed #empiresundown
- Infinity Ebere Ohakwe premiers Nollywood movie Ola
- I gave Kemi a hard time because I didn’t want to d
- Wendy Shay, other 4 African female artists to head
- Nigerian actor Abbey Abimbola bags Asia's achievem
- I need husband urgently – Eucharia Anunobi cries o
- Tonto Dikeh, Kemi Olunloyo Battle For Supremacy Ra
- 2face Idibia Visits Sound Sultan's Grave In The US
- Iheme Nancy laments Over Her Crashed investment
- Colleagues celebrates Ngozi Ezeonu as she turns 57