Ambode reiterates commitment to growth, development of entertainment sector
The Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, has reiterated commitment to the growth and development of the entertainment sector, saying that the industry has potential to create massive employment and wealth.
Ambode, who stated this in Lagos on Wednesday at the unveiling of a new mobile app platform, AfrigoldTV, said the entertainment industry would continue to be an indispensable partner of the present administration in its drive to build a social and cultural identity for the Nation.
In his words, “We are promoting the sector in order to consolidate community and national pride, positive social values, tourism and economic development. We are also aware that heavy investment in the sector would bring further excellence to the State”.
While noting that today’s multiplatform environment has made competition inevitable, the Governor praised the conception of AfrigoldTV as a viable online streaming platform, saying it would provide opportunities for empowerment which is consistent with the State government policy of encouraging creativity and entrepreneurship as a way to developing the economy.
The Governor, who was represented by the Executive Secretary, Lagos State Film and Video Censors Board, Mr. Bamidele Balogun, however, observed with dismay the nonchalant attitude of practitioners in the creative industry towards their obligations to the State in respect of registration as practitioners and obtaining film shoot permits.
The Chairman of the occasion, Chief Ifeanyi Dike, also praised the proprietor of AfrigoldTV for her enterprising spirit and encouraged actors and producers to improve the standard of their movies.
Earlier, the former Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan in his address, appealed to producers to minimise the use of juju and negative vices in their movies, adding that Nigerians must tell their own story by projecting the image of the country positively in line with recognised standard and merit.
- Singer Big Very Releases New Love Ballad “rhumba Y
- “I want Nigerians To Know Stripping Does Not Make
- MohBad's Management Vows To Continue Fight To Retr
- Just In: Popular Nigerian-Young Singer, Mohbad Die
- The American Film Awards set to hold this Septembe
- Amerado Releases His Viral Tiktok Song 'kwaku Anan
- Kawangware Kings Music Empire Unveils Emotionally
- Ex-Beauty Queen Onuora Amaka shares stunning photo
- Remy Baggins And Ykb Team Up For New Single “fire
- "Danny Lampo And Article Wan Set To Drop Explosive