General News | 7 October 2017 17:31 CET

I Never Collected Loan from Bank, I Sold my gold to Open Amala Joint…Iyabo ojo

Just some couple of weeks back, pretty Nollywood actress, Iyabo unveiled her latest line of business which happens to be a restaurant in the heart of Lekki, Lagos.

The unveiling got many applauding the actress for taking such giant steps as they say it will go a long way in helping those living in that axis to get good homemade food from her inn before going home.

While the actress gets all the necessary accolades, behind those smiles of hers are some pains she has gone through to see that the restaurant comes into reality.

Disclosing things she had to do to bring the business to a reality, she told Punch that she sold some of her properties including her gold just to get enough money to start the business as she never wnted to collect any loan from the bank.

“I did not collect a loan to open my business, I saved. I had been planning to open this place for a very long time, so I had been saving. When I wanted to get my new office building, I sold some of my property. I sold almost all my gold if not everything. During that time, I sold one batch and when I needed more money, I sold the rest. I told myself to forget about gold for now because I know that I can make the money back later. With the support of good people as well, I was able to get my office building. The first lady of Kwara State who came to inaugurate the building supported me. Some of my godparents also supported me because I told them that I wanted to sell amala,” she said.

2 days ago
Singer, Bigiano, is still single but there is a reason for that and that is because he has not found the right woman to settle down with. He has been busy attending some of his friend’s wedding and that has been giving him serious concern an
2 days ago
Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie, has not disappointed many who had predicted his faith after the just concluded Anambra state election which saw him taking the least vote. Yul had some months back joined the race for the powerful seat in Anambra stat
2 days ago
Singer, Dammy Krane, who recently scaled through some troubled waters, has shocked many of his fans as he has just signed a new artiste. Many have been asking several questions with how much Dammy Krane has done for himself before planning on sign
2 days ago
Singer, Alabi Pasuma, has joined other Nigerians to send tribute messages to fellow Fuji singer, K1 De Ultimate, who just lost his daughter, Wasilat. Wasilat has since been buried according to Islamic rites as guests continue to troop into the fam
2 days ago
Legendary Fuji singer, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal better known as K1 de Ultimate, is currently bereaved as he recently lost his 34year old daughter, Wasilat. The singer, who has been secretly taking care of his daughter along with other family memb