General News | 12 August 2017 11:17 CET

I’m Too Old to Run for Political Office…Charly Boy

Singer and social commentator, Charles Oputa better known as Charly Boy, recently staged a protest with some well meaning Nigerians to challenge ailing President Muhammadu Buhari to either resume work or step down.

The protest was not welcomed in some quarters as even the Nigerian Police did not help matters as they sprayed tear gas and water cannon to disperse the protesters in Abuja.

Speaking with Punch Newspaper about his political stand, he was of the opinion that he is all out to motivate and inspire others about the country as he is too old to run for a political office.

On why he cannot run for a political office, he said, “I cannot run but I can find someone who is qualified to do the job. I am too old for that. I have been privileged to meet some wonderful people in this country and I know it is doable. I am not wired to run for office, what I am able to do is to fix things, inspire and motivate people. I am a teacher and that is who I am.”

1 hour ago
Singer, Lil Kesh has given his fans something to discuss about after he shared a picture of himself sleeping with a mannequin on his bed. He admitted that he was desperately in need of someone to cuddle and his little figure was what was available
The Obijackson Foundation\'s event, FACE OF OKIJA, is an annual cultural and music festival which showcases the rich cultural Igbo heritage with the aim of empowering the youth, supporting the arts, and exhibiting good social dedicated work. T
Lovers of the Nigerian entertainment industry have endured enough from Davido and his potential in-law, Dele Momodu, after their brief misunderstanding which has lingered for long. The two celebrities fell apart after Davido and his babymama, Soph
It was indeed a great weekend for Nollywood actor, Khing C. Bassey, as he travelled home to officially make his long-time lover his wife forever. The actor and his now wife were already blessed with a son and have been doing fine until recently wh
CEO of Ebony productions, Mo’Abudu, has come out to appreciate Nigerians for helping making the much talked about movie, ‘The Wedding Party 2’ a success. Mo could not hide her joy after the movie wrecked in N20 million in just th