General News | 12 August 2017 11:17 CET

I’m Too Old to Run for Political Office…Charly Boy

Singer and social commentator, Charles Oputa better known as Charly Boy, recently staged a protest with some well meaning Nigerians to challenge ailing President Muhammadu Buhari to either resume work or step down.

The protest was not welcomed in some quarters as even the Nigerian Police did not help matters as they sprayed tear gas and water cannon to disperse the protesters in Abuja.

Speaking with Punch Newspaper about his political stand, he was of the opinion that he is all out to motivate and inspire others about the country as he is too old to run for a political office.

On why he cannot run for a political office, he said, “I cannot run but I can find someone who is qualified to do the job. I am too old for that. I have been privileged to meet some wonderful people in this country and I know it is doable. I am not wired to run for office, what I am able to do is to fix things, inspire and motivate people. I am a teacher and that is who I am.”

[B]Busty Nollywood actress, Cossy Ojiakor, is seriously dieting that she has been able to get the desired result needed by having a flat tommy.[/B] The actress who recently turned a year older could not hide how happy she was as she gladly showed
[B]Like the popular saying that do not live your life like that of social media because it is like a market place where everyone comes to buy and leave Nollywood actress, Moyo Lawal, has come out to emphasize on the need for everyone to believe in th
[B]After a keenly contested competition, University of Ilorin Theatre Arts graduate, Enuanwa Blessing has been crowned Miss Tourism International Nigeria, 2017.[/B] She defeated 35 other girls to emerge the winner, of The Beauty of Africa Internat
[B]Pretty Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe, is really enjoying her life to the fullest without being controlled by any man and it is paying off.[/B] The actress is actually looking good and since parting ways with her hubby, Lanre Gentry, she has no
[B]You will agree with the belief that in the next 10years to come, Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson, will still be looking curvy and radiant for her hubby.[/B] The actress is blessed with natural curves that will surely turn heads and whenever sh