5 Bad breakfast options to start your day
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal for us. Eating a healthy breakfast every morning can reduce the risk for diseases such as cancer and diabetes. But do you know that some of the a.m. choices that we make is completely wrong. Here go the foods to avoid for breakfast.
1. Sugary cereals and bakery items
Some cereals are full of carbs and sugar. When you eat them, your blood sugar rapidly spikes and then comes down. It is not right to let your energy crash at the beginning of the day and hence it is best to avoid such cereals and bakery items. Instead, choose cereals with higher fiber and protein. Add flaxseed or walnuts for more of fiber and protein.
2. Packaged pancakes, donuts..
Packaged pancakes, donuts are sugar-coated or honey-coated and will only satisfy your sweet tooth. Do yourself and your waistline a favor and opt for a whole wheat toast with lite butter.
3. Store-bought granola
Most store-bought boxes of granola that might appear to be a health mixture of honey, sugar, oats and dried fruit actually contains lot of fat and calories. Many boxed granola also contain lot of hidden sugar, unless you’re reading labels and consciously buying an organic or natural variety made with simple sugars. Otherwise, you’re basically eating dessert for breakfast.
4. Take-away sandwich
It may have the makings of a balanced breakfast—with egg, meat, cheese, and toast—but when you really break down that breakfast sandwich you’re getting a greasy fried egg, processed ham or bacon and full fat cheese. Instead, make one at home using a poached egg and low fat cheese.
Smoothies are full of refined sugar. Most store-bought varieties contain full fat milk, or worse, cream, so it’s really more of a dessert shake than a breakfast beverage. Instead, blend a healthy version at home using yogurt, almond or skim milk and fresh fruits and nuts.
- Black Lives Matter: Us based director Olive Eko de
- Photos: Miss New Nigeria Queens releases Official
- Ex Beauty Queen & Singer April Chidinma Dazzles In
- MUKHY TAKES US ON A CRUISE IN NEW VIDEO OF DEBUT S
- Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor Share Their Lov
- President Buhari reappoints Chidia Maduekwe to hea
- Falz, Praiz, Timaya, Others Grace The Willis Give
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei