Comedian s are Richer Than Nigerian Actors…Ali Baba Boasts
Veteran Nigerian comedian, Ali Baba, has thrown another bomb shell as he recently discloses that comedians are richer than Nigerian actors.
According to him, when movies take about four months before its release, a comedian within that time frame would have made much more money.
He boasted that there is hardly an actor that that charges N1 million or N2 million per movie unless you are in the top end of the hierarchy such as RMD, Genevieve, and Omotola but comedianscharge up to such amount.
"Nigerian comedians make a lot of money than actors. You wouldn't't believe but let me tell you. You shoot a movie, it takes 4 months for the movie to be released and they get paid. There is hardly an actor that charges N1 million or N2 million per movie unless you are in the top end of the hierarchy such as RMD, Genevieve, and Omotola. But then, there are comedians that charges N800,000 or N1 million per event. In four months, such comedian would have done maybe 30 events but because he doesn't do a movie that is on cable TV that can be seen in Kenya, South Africa, and all across the country, people do not think he is making that kind of money" he told a popular daily newspaper.
"Actors shoot a movie and it takes there are quite a number of Nigerian comedians whose wives do not have a job but they still live large. A popular comedian would have performed at 6 to 8 different shows in a month before a Nollywood actor wraps up shoot on set of a movie" he further said.
READ ALSO: Iyaloja of Ijebu Ode assassinated
Click And Read More From Newstrack.ng
- Pere doesn’t stand a chance with Maria outside BBN
- Goz Captures Nigeria’s Vat Crisis With Dangerously
- Sensational gospel singer, Ese Bliss Biography and
- New Music: Stonebwoy Teams Up With Amapiano Croone
- ‘BBNaija house has broken and restored my faith’ -
- Chidi Nwaogu listed by YNaija among Most Powerful
- REVIEW: KOB sequel reflects Nigeria’s politics and
- ALBUM REVIEW: Omawumi addresses societal ills in ‘
- The first time I smoked ,I coughed, everyone laugh
- Watch the words you use in your songs — Yvonne Nel