TOP 5 UNCONVENTIONAL LOOKS AT THE AMVCA 2015
1. Denrele Edun
TV presenter Denrele Edun chose not to conform to any rules with his outfit on the red carpet. He wore a gold see through dress with netted detailing by Toyin Lawani of Tiannahstyling, black leather pants and patent nude booties. His platinum blonde braids and gold mask not only served as a distraction, but highlighted the whole look. Denrele looked like he was on his way to a carnival. All eyes were most definitely on him!
2. Susan Peters
Nollywood actress Susan Peters looked overwhelmed by her oversized white ruffled cape by Toyin Lawani of Tiannah Styling. She wore a white lace dress under it. It made a bold fashion statement, but she looked quite bulky and the addition of the tiara was unnecessary.
3. Alex Ekubo
Nollywood actor Alex Ekubo stepped out in a structured bright blazer by upcoming designer Jason Porsche. He looked like a life size Rubik's cube. One could find so many reasons to dislike this look, but the multi-colored square patterned blazer awkwardly worked out for him. It's good that he kept all other colors black and white, because it would have been a disaster if he went another route.
4. Belinda Effah
Nollywood Actress Belinda Effah channeled her African roots through this striking outfit. She wore a vivid patterned crop top and mermaid-style skirt conjoined by an Ankara print material in the center. Her outfit is by Raliat (AraStyle) of ABV Fashion. I just believe some designs are best on the runway and this is one of them, especially with her hairstyle.
5. Ini Edo
What makes Nollywood actress Ini Edo's look unconventional, is that she wore the exact same red cape-dress by Ralph Lauren that Hollywood actress Lupita Nyong'o wore to the Golden Globes in 2014. I prefer the dress on Lupita because she highlighted its simplicity, while Ini Edo over accessorized it.
- US-based Nigerian media executive Akeju proposes t
- Singer Big Very Releases New Love Ballad “rhumba Y
- “I want Nigerians To Know Stripping Does Not Make
- MohBad's Management Vows To Continue Fight To Retr
- Just In: Popular Nigerian-Young Singer, Mohbad Die
- The American Film Awards set to hold this Septembe
- Amerado Releases His Viral Tiktok Song 'kwaku Anan
- Kawangware Kings Music Empire Unveils Emotionally
- Ex-Beauty Queen Onuora Amaka shares stunning photo
- Remy Baggins And Ykb Team Up For New Single “fire