Bomb scare At First Bank PLC, Security Turns Hero
Report has it that a security guard attached to a branch of First Bank Plc, in Osogbo, Osun State, has discovered an explosive substance wrapped in a polythene bag right inside the banking hall.
Nollywoodgists.com gathered that immediately the discovery was made, bank workers and customers took to their heels, with many of them leaving their hard earned money behind. It was indeed a dramatic situation as Nigerians struggle to pass through the bank's security door, all at the same time.
Furthermore, as soon the information got to town, many shop owners in the area hurriedly closed their shops, to avoid long story, while some even left their shops wide open and ran for safety as no one wants to die!
In a swift reaction, officials of the Police Anti-Bomb Squad were deployed in the bank and they detonate the bomb successfully and cordoned off Station Road, where the bank is located.
According to a statement by the Osun State government, it stated that it suspected a foul play in the episode:
“We are compelled to call on the security agencies to get to the root of this strange discovery in Osogbo and tell the whole world how this device found its way into a banking hall.
“Usually impregnable fortification of banks through their various screening machines which detect metals. To be specific, we suspect a deliberate foul play in the antics of those who desire to create a sense of insecurity in this state.”
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Pere doesn’t stand a chance with Maria outside BBN
- Goz Captures Nigeria’s Vat Crisis With Dangerously
- Sensational gospel singer, Ese Bliss Biography and
- New Music: Stonebwoy Teams Up With Amapiano Croone
- ‘BBNaija house has broken and restored my faith’ -
- Chidi Nwaogu listed by YNaija among Most Powerful
- REVIEW: KOB sequel reflects Nigeria’s politics and
- ALBUM REVIEW: Omawumi addresses societal ills in ‘
- The first time I smoked ,I coughed, everyone laugh
- Watch the words you use in your songs — Yvonne Nel