8, 000 Women Protest Over Lack of Husband in Zamfara
On Friday September 27, 2013 crowd of about 8,000 women took to the streets in Zamfara state, to protest over lack of enough men to marry. They pleaded with the state's Shari'a Board, known as Hisbah Commission to assist them to get men to marry them. The women said they were not living a normal life and needed husbands to become whole.
The women were made up of 5,380 divorcees, 2,200 widows, 1,200 orphans and 80 others, and they were all looking for men to marry.
They also needed assistance to purchase household items such as beds, mattresses and other basic necessities needed to move to their husbands' houses.
© 2013 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- DJ Big N Laments At Nigeria's Economy, Labels It T
- Seun Sean Jimoh Surprised At Scarcity Of Food In N
- Saga Stands Behind His BBNaija Female Colleagues
- Portable's Baby Mama Labels Him Irresponsible
- Mr Macaroni Adds To Feud Between Burna Boy and Dav
- Undergraduate Strife With Economic Turmoil
- Actor, Odunlade Adekola Enthralls Fans With Nice P
- Israel DMW And Shallipopi Fortunately Escape Death
- Jaywon Slams Eedris Abdulkareem Amidst Ongoing Rif
- Fight Between Eedris Abdulkareem And Burna Boy Con