Omotola Says No To Girl Child Marriage
Omotola Ekeinde Jalade has kicked against the passing of the child marriage section of the constitution, which is currently passing through some changes. The sexy actress vented her anger on the Nigerian Senators for voting the section of the constitution.
She said this at the MBGN beauty contest and emphatically made her stand known on the issue. Omosexy, as she is also called, stated in her speech that she is against child marriage.
Read her speech below;
"I am today one of the most influential person/people in the world because I wasn't given off to marriage before the age of 18.
"It scares and totally shocks me that the Senate in Nigeria (the most populous black nation in the world and giant of Africa) would not be passing in a law ensuring that every child should compulsorily be enrolled in school.
"A very alarming number of children today are on the streets hawking or have been abused, raped or are married to men/women who should be protecting them. Who protects the children of Nigeria? Would we wait for another Milala before we act? Should we now remove the parental caution on movies that say 'Not for persons below 18'?
"This is a call for justice and equity for children especially the Nigerian girl child, who has the right to quality education, a childhood and the decision of whom and when to marry.
"My Name is Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and I say No to phedophilia and No to the Senate bill endorsing child marriage in Nigeria.
Photo by: Daniel Sync/ Sync Photos
© 2013 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Nigeria's Most Anticipated Movie " Alero's Diary"
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Nigeria Prolific Actor, Film-Maker
- MTN Hitmaker Contestant Qwesi Ishe, Wins the heart
- Kizz Daniel To Crown Year With Kizz Daniel Live Co
- Johnny Drille Thrills At 2nd Edition Of Johnny’s R
- FCT ALGON Chairman Major General Sani Ibrahim Rece
- Nollywood: Gov. Ayade, NFVCB Boss honoured at AIFF
- Event: Celebrities Gather As Ccx Lagos Plays Host