MISS ANGOLA WINS MISS UNIVERSE 2011
A contestant from Africa- representing Angola has emerged the winner at the 60th edition of the world biggest beauty pageant, Miss Universe that was held in Sao Paulo, Brazil yesterday Sept 12 .
Leila Lopes beat 88 other contestants to win the title.
Ukraine's Olesia Stefanko became first runner-up of Ukraine while the second runner-up was Priscila Machado from Brazil. The third and fourth were Miss Philippines and Miss China respectively.
Leila of Cape Verdean descent is a student in Great Britain. She was crowned Miss Angola after representing the Angolan community in Great Britain at the pageant.
Leila is the fourth African to be crowned Miss Universe in the pageant's history. Miss South Africa (1978), Miss Namibia (1992), Bostwana (1999) and now Miss Angola (2011).
The 22 year old Nigerian Contestant, Sophie Gemal didn't make the cut into the top 16.
- DJ Big N Laments At Nigeria's Economy, Labels It T
- Seun Sean Jimoh Surprised At Scarcity Of Food In N
- Saga Stands Behind His BBNaija Female Colleagues
- Portable's Baby Mama Labels Him Irresponsible
- Mr Macaroni Adds To Feud Between Burna Boy and Dav
- Undergraduate Strife With Economic Turmoil
- Actor, Odunlade Adekola Enthralls Fans With Nice P
- Israel DMW And Shallipopi Fortunately Escape Death
- Jaywon Slams Eedris Abdulkareem Amidst Ongoing Rif
- Fight Between Eedris Abdulkareem And Burna Boy Con