“I have two daughters who are unemployed” – Nasir el-Rufai
The Punch reports:
Ex-Federal Capital Territory minister, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, has revealed that his daughters, who both have Masters Degrees are unable to get jobs despite his connections.
On Thursday while delivering a lecture at the Sixth Annual Alao Aka-Bashorun Lecture, organised by the Nigerian Bar Association, Ikeja Branch, he lamented the spate of unemployment in the country.
“Forty-two per cent of Nigerian youths are unemployed,” he said.
“I have two daughters with Masters Degrees and they are unemployed. They have been at home for more than a year and I cannot get a job for them.
“We are sitting on a demographic time bomb and unless we have visionary leaders that are able to plan for the future, we will have a huge problem.”
According to reports, the former minister, whose lecture was entitled Impunity, Injustice and Insecurity: What Role for the Law,' said Nigeria needed to create three million jobs yearly to tackle its employment problem instead the Nigerian government is spending N2bn daily on security.
Click the link below to go to...
- Nigeria's Most Anticipated Movie " Alero's Diary"
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Nigeria Prolific Actor, Film-Maker
- MTN Hitmaker Contestant Qwesi Ishe, Wins the heart
- Kizz Daniel To Crown Year With Kizz Daniel Live Co
- Johnny Drille Thrills At 2nd Edition Of Johnny’s R
- FCT ALGON Chairman Major General Sani Ibrahim Rece
- Nollywood: Gov. Ayade, NFVCB Boss honoured at AIFF
- Event: Celebrities Gather As Ccx Lagos Plays Host