If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva
The screen goddess said this in an interview with Nollywood Insider when she was asked about the rate of divorce in Nollywood.
“Is the rate of divorce in Nollywood worse than in other industries? Have you taken a census of what is happening with lawyers, doctors and nurses? You don't know. Everyone just blames the movie industry because we are the ones in the limelight.
Long surviving marriage is not exceptional in this industry. The thing is that, we are the ones that people know. Sony Irabor and Betty; John Momoh and Shola; and Bayo Oduneye have been married much longer. What of the late Justus and his wife? We have marriages that have stood the test of time just like you will find in other professions.
For me, since you love the person you get married to, both of you should work at it together. See it as your main responsibility once you get married.
Even before you get married, you should ask yourself, am I capable of making this person my total responsibility? That, am I willing to dedicate my time to making this person happy? It is a two way thing; it is not only the woman that is supposed to make the man happy, it is also for the man to make the woman happy. It is the two of you together and when you do that, it will work out well.
But if not, I don`t support emotional hardship just because you want to marry. God forbid bad thing! If it is not working, get out fast. If you don't know where you are going, you should know where you are coming from.”
Click the link below to go to...
- Some more: Nigerian singer MC Wallywa's song debut
- Idia Aisien is Blanck Magazine’s Cover Star: Talks
- 'Eyimofe’: Twin Directors’ impressive Feature Debu
- Lydia Forson, Zynnel Zuh & Naa Ashorkor struggle w
- Ria Kosher Drops New Collection Tagged 'Loud Silen
- Censors Board, filmmakers harp on effective imple
- Iyo: Diamond Platnumz uniting Africa with new song
- Nkechi Blessing Unveiled As Titan Farms Brand Amba
- Watch Multiple Award-winning Artiste Burna Boy In
- Nigerian Idol: How to Discover A Nigerian Star