If Your Marriage Is Not Working, Get Out Fast! - Joke Silva
The screen goddess said this in an interview with Nollywood Insider when she was asked about the rate of divorce in Nollywood.
“Is the rate of divorce in Nollywood worse than in other industries? Have you taken a census of what is happening with lawyers, doctors and nurses? You don't know. Everyone just blames the movie industry because we are the ones in the limelight.
Long surviving marriage is not exceptional in this industry. The thing is that, we are the ones that people know. Sony Irabor and Betty; John Momoh and Shola; and Bayo Oduneye have been married much longer. What of the late Justus and his wife? We have marriages that have stood the test of time just like you will find in other professions.
For me, since you love the person you get married to, both of you should work at it together. See it as your main responsibility once you get married.
Even before you get married, you should ask yourself, am I capable of making this person my total responsibility? That, am I willing to dedicate my time to making this person happy? It is a two way thing; it is not only the woman that is supposed to make the man happy, it is also for the man to make the woman happy. It is the two of you together and when you do that, it will work out well.
But if not, I don`t support emotional hardship just because you want to marry. God forbid bad thing! If it is not working, get out fast. If you don't know where you are going, you should know where you are coming from.”
Click the link below to go to...
- Kemi Otegbade Allegedly goes into Hiding, Issues Dud Cheque to Eniola Badmus Others
- Actress, princess Chineke gets Lovely Gift from Male Fan (Photo)
- Actress, , Adediwura Set to Support 150 Widows in Nigeria
- Actress, Queen Nwokoye Angry Over Fake Nollywood ‘Wakanda’ Poster
- Veteran Actor, Pat Ata looking Cute, Set to Return to Nollywood
- Actress, Onyii Alexx Steps out in Sexy Outfit, Flaunts Massive Backside
- Singer, Timaya Spoils Mother with Great love
- “I didn't set out to be a Single Parent”…Actress, Oge Okoye