Police arraign Nollywood actor over alleged robbery
Lagos – A Nollywood actor, Rasaki Olaniyi, 45, was on Tuesday arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrates' Court, Lagos, for allegedly robbing, Abayomi Arinde, of N2.6 million.
Olaniyi of No. 7, Aduke Salako St., Agbado, Lagos, was arraigned on four-count charges of robbery, stealing, conspiracy and impersonation.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Prosecutor Sunday Aggoi said that the accused had on Sept. 5 at Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island, robbed Arinde of N500, 000, $10,000, three gold jewelries valued at N150, 000.
Aggoi said that the accused also unlawfully locked up the complainant in one of the hotel rooms after robbing him.
He said that the complainant was robbed of cash and goods totaling N2.6 million.
The prosecutor said that the accused was apprehended by the hotel securities following alarm raised by the complainant. .
Aggoi said that the offences contravened Sections 297, 296, 299, 270 and 378 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State, 2011.
The counsel to the accused, Mr Olusegun Ajanaku, urged the court to grant bail to the accused.
The Magistrate, Mr Jacob Adegun, granted bail to the accused in the sum of N1million with two sureties in like sum.
Adegun said that the sureties must reside in Lagos State and be employees of the State Government.
The case was adjourned to Oct. 5, for mention.
Click the link below to go to...
- Burna Boy, Ebuka Obi-uchendu, Dr Caise, Dj Lambo,
- Don Charles Mmaduka bags endorsement deals, reache
- Photos: Patoranking closes out 2021 with show-stop
- Gambian Actress Princess Shyngle Dishes Out Marria
- American-based Nigerian music executive, Akeju cal
- Photos: Burna Boy Shuts Down Lagos at Live Experie
- The Miss Universe Ghana 2022 Preliminary Fashion S
- Misters of Nigeria Pageant acquires new internatio
- Abuja Socialite Celebrates Sons, mother in grand s
- 7figure Music Unveils New Artiste Ejim