Hair comes the bride
A lady's wedding is one of the most important events in her life, and since her hair is her 'crowning glory', it should look perfect on that
day. To get picture-perfect hair on the wedding day, the following tips could help:
1. Take the shape of your face into consideration before choosing a hairstyle.
2. Women with round faces should avoid ringlets, tight curls and hair styles with a circular outline like an afro as they just make the face look rounder.
3. Hairstyles with fringes or bangs look good on long or rectangular faces as they can 'shorten' the face.
4. Oval faces, which are the most desired shape, look good with any hairstyle and styles where the hair is swept away from the face particularly favour this face shape as they accentuate it beautifully.
5. Once you've decided on the shape of your face, look through magazines for hairstyles you like and tear out pages so you can show them to your stylist.
6. When choosing a hairstyle, ask yourself if you'll be wearing a veil as the kind of veil you'll wear would work best with certain hairstyles.
7. Updos and other formal styles are a perennial favourite with brides but things are changing. Loose waves (usually achieved with the help of hair extensions) and other less formal styles are becoming more fashionable for brides.
8. Hair accessories are a must for every bride. A tiara might be a little bit old-school. Instead, consider a wide, white headband or a thin sparkly one if you'll be wearing your hair down. Jewelled combs and hair slides are also very contemporary, and add flair to wedding hair.
9. Think outside the box when choosing your hairstyle - cornrows, braids or even an afro-puff can lend a very chic, contemporary tone to your look.
10. Consider the sort of ceremony you are having before settling on a hair style - an informal garden ceremony or beach-front wedding will require a different sort of look than a more formal affair.
11. It is essential that you consult a professional hairstylist several weeks before the big day to discuss your options. An experienced stylist will help you decide on the perfect hair do, after considering factors such as the shape of your face, the style of your dress and your personal style preferences (see next point).
Above all, 'to thine own self be true': understand who you are and what you like. It is equally important to know what you do not like. For example, some ladies cannot stand any hair on their faces, while others are partial to side-parts or big bangs. Do not feel pressured
to choose a hairstyle that does
- Kojo Jones Ghana’s most eligible bachelor
- This ass will not be raped by any uncle-Actress Em
- Adaeze G Okoro: Newly crowned Miss Prestigious Nig
- Queen Anita - Beauty Queen, Fitness Enthusiast, Po
- Idia Aisien Channels Kim Kardashian in Birthday Ph
- GREAT HONOUR! Hon. Ned Nwoko, Regina Daniels, Rita
- Award-winning Actress and Producer Bikiya Graham-D
- Actress Rosaline Meurer Bags Indigenous Female Per