Waje takes AFRIMA stage to cry out for better healthcare for Nigeria
Decries preventable deaths of over 750,000 children under five yearly in Nigeria
ONE ambassador Waje took the stage at the just concluded AFRIMA awards to lend her voice to the call for a greater investment in Nigeria on healthcare. Accompanied by Nachilala Nkombo, Executive Director ONE in Africa, she was resplendent in an electric blue Samuel Noon dress with minimal accessories.
She said; “Music has been used as a tool for social change in our communities, as we sit here to enjoy Africa’s best, some people are either at home or in the hospital fighting for their lives, or mourning the passing of loved ones. Millions of Nigerians, especially women and children are losing their lives from completely preventable causes. 750,000 children under five die in this country every year.” “As artists, we must do something about this; add your voice and support the Make Naija Stronger campaign” she added.
On her part, ONE Executive Director Nachilala Nkombo commended the over 2 million Africans who supported the ONE Campaign in 2014 cheering the roles of D`banj, Diamond Platnumz, Victoria Kimani, Fally Ipupa, Femi Kuti and others. In 2014, with the 2.3 million Africans who joined the campaign, the African Union came up with a time bound plan to transform agriculture by 2025.
- Burna Boy, Ebuka Obi-uchendu, Dr Caise, Dj Lambo,
- Don Charles Mmaduka bags endorsement deals, reache
- Photos: Patoranking closes out 2021 with show-stop
- Gambian Actress Princess Shyngle Dishes Out Marria
- American-based Nigerian music executive, Akeju cal
- Photos: Burna Boy Shuts Down Lagos at Live Experie
- The Miss Universe Ghana 2022 Preliminary Fashion S
- Misters of Nigeria Pageant acquires new internatio
- Abuja Socialite Celebrates Sons, mother in grand s
- 7figure Music Unveils New Artiste Ejim