African Queen of Katwe hits cinema from October 14
BY ADERONKE ADEYERI
The movie that has been adjudged as one of the few movies from Hollywood with positive messages about Africa, Queen of Katwe finally made a strong debut in Nigerian entertainment industry last Friday.
Queen of Katwe, a Disney movie featuring Lupita Nyong'o and David Oyelowo, both of African descent was premiered to select audience comprising of 125 pupils from Radiant college, Emmanuel college, corona schools, Tenny college & victorious college.
.The premiere was made possible by a leading movie distributor, Blue Pictures, representing Crimson Multimedia in Nigeria.
According to Joy Illibeno, CEO of Blue Pictures, Queen of Katwe is a movie made to portray the many positive things in Africa. 'Queen of Katwe is your typical slumdog millionaire story but written and directed by a Ugandan. It emphasizes the need for self belief and achieving one's life goals amidst all odds.'
Queen of Katwe will be showing in cinemas across Nigeria from Friday, October 14.
- DJ Big N Laments At Nigeria's Economy, Labels It T
- Seun Sean Jimoh Surprised At Scarcity Of Food In N
- Saga Stands Behind His BBNaija Female Colleagues
- Portable's Baby Mama Labels Him Irresponsible
- Mr Macaroni Adds To Feud Between Burna Boy and Dav
- Undergraduate Strife With Economic Turmoil
- Actor, Odunlade Adekola Enthralls Fans With Nice P
- Israel DMW And Shallipopi Fortunately Escape Death
- Jaywon Slams Eedris Abdulkareem Amidst Ongoing Rif
- Fight Between Eedris Abdulkareem And Burna Boy Con