MTN Unveils Osuofia, Nine Others As Brand Ambassadors
MTN Nigeria on Thursday announced Nkem Owoh, popularly known as Osuofia, and nine other artistes as its 2016/2017 brand ambassadors.
The firm's General Manager of Consumer Marketing, Mr Richard Iweanoge, listed the other nine as Saka, (Hafiz Oyetoro); Nedu (Steve Onu); Adamu Zango Praiz (Praise Adejo); Iyanya (Iyanya Mbuk); Chidinma (Chidinma Ekile); Falz (Folarin Falana); Tekno Miles (Augustine Kelechi) and Skales (Raoul Njeng-Njeng).
Iweanoge said this was in line with the company's commitment to support Nigerian musicians by providing alternative platforms for them to receive lucrative value for their intellectual property.
It was also designed to continue to support the development of the entertainment industry, he said.
According to him, this is by financially empowering Nigerian artistes and musicians through the promotion and monetisation of content on its various digital platforms.
He said, “With the significant investment made so far in Nigeria's music industry, MTN remains and will continue to be one of the biggest supporters of the music industry.
“We have a track record of consistently providing the stage for some of Nigeria's biggest artistes to shine and express themselves. Through our Caller Ring Back Tunes, MTN is the largest music distributor in Africa.
“Through the platform, we ensured that Nigerian musicians would no longer suffer the scourge of piracy.
“They are able to make good money, as a result of their hard work.”
MTN Executive, Ms Amina Oyagbola, said in the statement that MTN was proud to be associated with the growth and development of the careers of all its ambassadors, past and present.
She commended them for their contributions to the company's development in the country.
Oyagbola said the company would continue to maintain the cordial relationship with them.
- Raunchy, Sassy, Daring - Nigerian Rapper, Nappy Gi
- Miss Vivian Okpala crowned The New Face Of Nigeria
- Jessy emerges winner of ‘Help the Hard Worker’ Awa
- Rashida Bello Expensively Stormed Dubai For Weight
- Nigeria Entrepreneur and Philanthropist Chief Ndui
- Pastor Dickson Of Wealthy Nations Ministry Weds Mi
- Nigeria- International Beauty, Entrepreneur and Su
- Bold. Beautiful. Daring. It's Shaffy Bello in All
- First Of It's Kind Nigeria Made "TAT Fragrance" La
- 24 Years UNN Undergraduate Chioma Patyline Emerges