Olamide Is Not A Thief---D’Banj
Finally, top Nigerian singer, D'Banj has reacted to allegation by a music producer under his DB Records, DeeVee that talented rapper, Olamide, stole some lines from him (DeeVee).
It would be recalled that weeks ago, DeeVee accused Olamide of stealing a line from an unreleased song by D'Banj entitled 'Shake It.'
But D'Banj, in his reaction to the issue, said he cannot call that stealing but an inspiration. The singer disclosed that his house is open to any artiste to come and listen to his unreleased songs.
He said: “I didn't know about the message from DeeVee but the truth is the truth. My house is open; I have songs you guys have not heard. I have songs that I'm about to release with producers you guys have asked me to work with. From time, anyone can come into my studio and listen to our songs and not just Olamide can come in. To me, it's not stealing, I see it as inspiration.”
“This particular one, this is a line I have been saying for a long time, “Shake it, don't break it, it took your mama nine months to make it.” I actually heard it from Prince Aremo Oniru. Even Baddo (Olamide) had played about it saying, “Baba if you no use this line I go use am o” but I said I go use am,” he told Naij.
- I'll Be Depressed If Tacha Wins Big Brother Naija
- African Union To Host 6th Afrima In Nigeria
- Stunning! BamBam Nails Look To Delphino Picnic Wit
- Why Ike's Relationship With Mercy Could Fall Apart
- South East Campus Awards will ENABLE STUDENTS TO B
- Nollywood: NFVCB Chief ,two others honoured at TI
- Universal Music Africa signs a Licensing Deal with
- Funky Brunch Lagos Celebrates 1 Year Anniversary W