I'm an Igbo Man But Don’t Speak Nor Understand Igbo Language…Tony Umez
Popular Nollywood actor, Tony Umez, may have been a bit silent in the industry especially after receiving the axe of his fans for featuring in a soft sexual movie which almost cost him lots of pain.
Not allowing the past to weigh him down, the actor recently disclosed that he has not been on set regularly the way he used to because he has gotten himself committed to other projects.
Since venturing into the make-believe industry in 1994, Tony has graced many scripts in the English Language or few Yoruba movies but yet to feature in an Igbo movie which has got some of his fans wondering what could be the problem.
Clearing the air in the issue with Vanguard newspaper, the actor explained that despite being an Igbo person, he cannot speak nor understand the language which is why he can't act in their movie.
In his words, “I don't speak nor understand Igbo. It's a long story which I wouldn't want to talk about now. It's sad but there is nothing I can do about it. In fact, the little I understand is as a result of my wife. My wife is from Okija.”
Tony explained that he speaks English and Efik fluently because his mother comes from Cross River, while he grew up in Lagos which enables him to speak the Yoruba language well.
- Elites Fans Celebrate As Erica Nlewedim Bags Doubl
- Funmi Iyanda Discusses The Police's Reaction To Ra
- Star Radler Relaunches with a Refreshed New Look A
- LOOKBOOK: The Timeless Collection By Lucky Enemuo
- Moh outdoors new visuals for single ‘High Me’
- HERTUNBA debuts The ACTION LADY Collection
- Stunning photos of Queen Joy Ebhodaghe, Nigeria's
- ACTRESS AND MODEL, LINDA OSIFO SPEAKS ON HER APPE
- Nigerian born US-based Afrobeats Artist/ Model “Mu
- Signore Fusion Season 2 by Vanskere