Why People Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Singer Adokiye
Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, who is now the former president of Nigeria was presumed to be a hero after he called President Muhammadu Buhari to concede defeat after the election.
After that honourable step, lots of Nigerians called him the hero of our time and some even started trekking in his honour.
Topping it all, some entertainers did same too and sang praises of Jonathan's act, but for singer and actress, Adokiye, she doesn't see any good reason to remember the former president for.
According to her, “I feel really bad for the Nigerians calling President Jonathan a hero. Hero to who please?” Why waste your saliva and brain on someone who has brought poverty, national blackout, danger, unemployment, terror and insecurity to our dear nation” she said in a recent interview.
READ ALSO: Aisha Buhari closes beauty parlour in Kaduna
“Don't get me wrong, he was my president before now. His wife is even from my mum's village, Ogu Bolo in Okrika and I know her home. So, they are my people. But my dear, he disappointed me.
Someone that has seen poverty before but was blessed by God to change mankind. What did he do?
Ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan.
He forgot us and started forming 'big man' for Nigerians. I bet he thought the world was his.
Thank God for his mercy for not allowing him to come back to complete his mission of doom” she declared.
Continuing, she singer argued that the ex-president didn't serve the masses well but focused on his personal benefits.
“They were all heartless people. People that could not feel the pains of the poor who put them there to serve then. If anybody by now is still calling Jonathan a hero that person should be checked”she told Vanguard.
Click And Read More From Newstrack.ng
- Pere doesn’t stand a chance with Maria outside BBN
- Goz Captures Nigeria’s Vat Crisis With Dangerously
- Sensational gospel singer, Ese Bliss Biography and
- New Music: Stonebwoy Teams Up With Amapiano Croone
- ‘BBNaija house has broken and restored my faith’ -
- Chidi Nwaogu listed by YNaija among Most Powerful
- REVIEW: KOB sequel reflects Nigeria’s politics and
- ALBUM REVIEW: Omawumi addresses societal ills in ‘
- The first time I smoked ,I coughed, everyone laugh
- Watch the words you use in your songs — Yvonne Nel