Emeka Ike Begs Buhari To Support Nollywood
Controversial Nollywood actor, Emeka Ike, has revealed his expectation from the President-elect of Nigeria, General Muhammadu Buhari.
The actor urged Buhari to continue helping the movie industry in Nigeria like President Goodluck Jonathan, who heavily supported the industry. Emeka Ike said if Buhari supports the industry, Nollywood will achieve an enviable standard in Africa.
Speaking with Punch, he said, "But you cannot determine the approach a government will adopt in dealing with the same issue. But definitely we expect the government of Gen. Buhari to show great support for Nollywood. It is in the best interest of this nation to support the industry to grow, to create jobs, improve quality and productivity and project a good image of our society."
Furthermore, Emeka Ike explained that the role of government towards Nollywood should be one that does not have a 'stop' sign.
"Government is a continuum, there is no vacuum. Although there may be change of government, it does not diminish the role and duty of government towards any sector," he said.
© 2015 Nollywoodgists.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the express written consent of the publisher
© 2015 Nollywoodgists.com
- Open Letter To My Fans, Followers, Political Allie
- Keep up your faith - Khaid encourages new upcoming
- Abortion Rights: Celebrities, Others React Over Le
- CandyBleakz Arrives With Exciting Debut "FIRE" EP
- Charly Boy Speaks Tough, Says A Revolution Is Immi
- Elections 2023: Tonto Dikeh emerges governorship r
- Bbnaija Housemate, Maria Flaunts, Celebrates Boyfr
- Stop Voting Looters -- Peter Okoye Advises
- Watch The Sultry Music Video For Gyakie’s Latest S
- Frodd Survives Autocrash, Stella Damascus Calls Fo