Soyinka Slams Patience Jonathan Over Hate Comments
Renowned Nigerian writer, Professor Wole Soyinka at a recent event, criticized comments attributed to the country's First Lady, Patience Jonathan saying anyone who clamours for change in Nigeria should be stoned.
Soyinka, speaking on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 in Lagos at the public presentation of a book titled 'Modern and Tradition Elite in the Politics of Lagos', written by Ambassador Patrick Dele Cole, warned Nigerian politicians to be mindful of what they tell their supporters at their campaign grounds.
At a campaign of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lokoja, Kogi State, the First Lady reportedly urged the party's supporters to stone any member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who 'shout change', the party's slogan.
“Speaking as objectively as is possible in such circumstances, I would say that, among the various camps, the most reckless and indecorous has sadly proved the incumbency camp, where restraint has been thrown to the wind with such abandon that even highly privileged spouses have publicly urged supporters to stone any voices raised in opposition to their cause,” he said.
Soyinka also flayed former President Olusegun Obasanjo for his book, 'My Watch', and advised Cole, who was Obasanjo's former adviser, to lecture him (Obasanjo) on how to write history.
- Meet The New Miss Africa Great Britain Chinyanta K
- US-Based Nigerian Singer, Angelman Vows To Overtak
- ENDSARS: Africa Youth Leader Olakunle Churchill Ap
- Covering The #endsars London Protest - Burna Boy S
- Mmofra: Aflik TV launches African children animati
- #EndSARS: World Celebrities Show Solidarity With P
- "It Was A System Glitch"- Facebook Responds As Nao
- Deborah Rise Drops Music Video "We Have Won (Freed
- Nollywood Actress Ayo Adesanya Is Judge At Miss Af
- Hot Female Rapper Dedebah Drops Official Video Plu