Lagos PDP Senatorial Candidate Swindled By Fake Tiwa Savage
A desperate, but yet-to-be identified lady that posed as Mavin Records' First Lady, Tiwa Savage, is now at large after she allegedly duped a Lagos-based top politician.
It was gathered that the fake Tiwa Savage allegedly swindled the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senatorial candidate for Lagos West in the forthcoming 2015 election, Segun Adewale, also known as Aeroland.
The aspiring senator reportedly lost about N500,000 as part-payment for a performance fee from the fake singer. Segun Adewale had contracted the alleged fraudster, thinking she was the real Tiwa Savage, to perform at his campaign rally, but waited in vain.
“It was a big disappointment that caused serious embarrassment to Yoga,” a source close to the politician was quoted to have said in a report.
This is not the first time unsuspecting members of the public have been duped of their money. Some fraudsters open parody accounts of celebrities on social media platforms and act as if they are the real owners of the name and accounts.
- Mohbad: Naira Marley Surrenders Self, Says He's Re
- The Dotun Adesua Symposium Paves Way for Nigeria's
- Popular Nollywood Actor, Suara Is Dead
- Mohbad Was Brought In Dead To Our Facility — Lagos
- US-based Nigerian media executive Akeju proposes t
- Singer Big Very Releases New Love Ballad “rhumba Y
- “I want Nigerians To Know Stripping Does Not Make
- MohBad's Management Vows To Continue Fight To Retr
- Just In: Popular Nigerian-Young Singer, Mohbad Die
- The American Film Awards set to hold this Septembe