God Never Called Me—Righteousman, Rumoured To Have Anointed Soul E Speaks
Nigerian Reggae artiste turned gospel musician, Righteousman Erabor, has lashed young Nigerian artistes who sing reggae, but address themselves as hip hop acts. According to the musician, Reggae music is still relevant in Nigeria, but noted that young artistes only do not understand what the genre of music is all about.
“Reggae music is not cheap music; it is a strong music. Some artistes do dancehall and they still call them hip hop music. Reggae music is still there; it cannot die. A lot of our artistes are still doing reggae music,” he pointed out.
Righteousman, who was speculated to have anointed Soul E, a singer turned prophet, disclosed that he was not called by God, but called himself into His service. But Soul E later debunked this rumour.
In his words, “You know they say some people are called by God. I didn't need to wait for God to call me. I had to call myself into His service.”
Speaking on the rumours that he had to change his style of music due to frustration and strong competition in the music industry, the singer said, “no way, I had everything. I was comfortable but I wasn't fulfilled. I didn't like my lifestyle. I wanted to change.
“I don't need to have 10 cars for you to know that I am comfortable. I cannot be intimidated. Everybody must not love my music. I have artistes under my label. If I was frustrated because of the young musicians, I wouldn't be pushing the ones under my label. If my conscious music is not making waves here, I will go to Jamaica. If it is not working in Lagos, I move to Calabar. Lagos is just one unit.”
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- “It is more than acting for me because I see him a
- Chude Jideonwo and Mfon Ekpo are set to visit Amer
- “I lost my baby after the reunion of the Real Hous
- I was Raped And Impregnated At 15 By My Uncle - T
- Shatta Wale, Wiyaala and others to light up summer
- Hilda Dokubo blames kidnapped Nollywood veteran ac
- Nollywood actors’ kidnappers demand $100,000 befor
- Kidney Surgery for Nigerian musician Eedris Abdulk
- “I don’t watch myself but I had to watch myself du
- Zack Orji Declares Support For Tinubu