Jim Iyke Speaks On Mum’s Death
Last week, the blogosphere was bubbling with the news of the death of the mother of popular Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke. The 67 years old woman died on Monday, March 24, 2014.
In a press statement made available to Nollywoodgists.com by the actor's publicist, Mitch Ngaman, it was stated that Jim Iyke's mother, “Mrs Ngozi Gladys Okelue Esomugha, was born on May 3, 1947, and succumbed to a long battle with illness.”
The statement also quoted Jim Iyke to have said, “she (her late mum) was a force of nature. My big sis, my 1st wife, my confidante, my rock, my critique, my greatest fan and regal leader.
“She was a radiant, gorgeous woman with a smile bigger than the sun and always ready to embrace anyone for all the good and even wrong reasons.
“My sun is gone. The dull numbing ache in my heart will never be pacified by any woman alive. Not my lover, sisters nor even a daughter I may one day bear.
“The relationship of a mother and an only son is uniquely eternal and spiritual, transcending human comprehension. Mine with Gladys is even far strangely beyond that.
“They say it's a blessing if a son buries his mother and not the other way around. I'm not sure they're entirely right.
“They also said one never recovers from the loss of their mother. I hope they are right! May I never recover from the memories of your celestial love, sacrifices, warmth, your contagious laughter and merciless wit.
“Your enthusiasm for life and service of others was infectious. I'll miss you each and every waking moment of my life. I know you're in a better place now.
“I'll carry on everything you stood for 'til my last days.
“You came and saw and conquered.
“Adieu Gladys from your boy Jim.
“I love you till the last breathe I take.”
Meanwhile, the family is yet to announce the funeral rites.
Click the link below to go to...
- Raunchy, Sassy, Daring - Nigerian Rapper, Nappy Gi
- Miss Vivian Okpala crowned The New Face Of Nigeria
- Jessy emerges winner of ‘Help the Hard Worker’ Awa
- Rashida Bello Expensively Stormed Dubai For Weight
- Nigeria Entrepreneur and Philanthropist Chief Ndui
- Pastor Dickson Of Wealthy Nations Ministry Weds Mi
- Nigeria- International Beauty, Entrepreneur and Su
- Bold. Beautiful. Daring. It's Shaffy Bello in All
- First Of It's Kind Nigeria Made "TAT Fragrance" La
- 24 Years UNN Undergraduate Chioma Patyline Emerges