Soyinka, Fawehinmi, Kuti families fail to show up at Centenary awards
They had earlier stated their grievances on why it was impossible for them to stand on the same podium with some of Nigeria's dictators and how some wrongs needed attention before such an honour will become acceptable.Following the Centenary event that took place few days ago, True to their words, three of the most respected families failed to show up at the Centenary awards in Abuja.
Prof. Wole Soyinka, and the families of late Chief Gani Fawehinmi and Mrs.Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti shunned the ceremony honouring 100 Nigerians on the occasion of our 100 years as an amalgamated nation.
However, Prof. JP Clark, 80, a playwright, poet and novelist,was at the ceremony to pick up his own award.
Prof. Soyinka,winner of 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, was far away from the venue. So were the families of Chief Fawehinmi, legal luminary, activist and philanthropist and Mrs. Ransome-Kuti, activist and teacher
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For
- Check out Face of Candycity Culture Joy Oghenetega
- Faith Ajayi The Melanin Queen Nigeria stuns in new
- BBNaija Lockdown, others emerge most-watched TV sh
- Julian Marley, Master KG and other stars set for A
- 5 Trends to Follow in 2021 to Boost your Beauty Bu
- Chief Donatus Okonkwo And Family Celebrate New Ana
- Meet Temilarge, fast rising Nigerian Afro Pop Sing
- Canadian based Nigerian DJ/Producer DJ JISM shows