Why Did The Catholic Church Overlook OJB Jezreel’s Polygamous Status?
On January 19, 2014 OJB Jezreel and his family including his three wives Mabel, June and Korede Okungbowa and seven children attended a thanksgiving service at St. Leo's Catholic Church, Ikeja.
Questions are now being asked about why the Catholic Church welcomed the musician who's obviously a polygamist.
The Roman Catholic Church clearly condemns polygamy. The Catechism of the Catholic Church lists it in paragraph 2387 under the category 'Other offenses against the dignity of marriage'. It states that it 'is not in accord with the moral law'.
Also in paragraph 1645 under the category 'The Goods and Requirements of Conjugal Love', it states 'The unity of marriage, distinctly recognized by our Lord, is made clear in the equal personal dignity which must be
accorded to husband and wife in mutual and unreserved affection. Polygamy is contrary to conjugal love which is undivided and exclusive'.
'I don't understand why my Church will allow this man with three wives, a proud polygamist into the Church of Christ. This is not right', a St. Leo's Catholic Church member who'd rather remain anonymous said on the day of the thanksgiving.
However a representative for the Church who chose to remain anonymous said 'We knew about OJB and the thanksgiving but not about his three wives. We certainly do not support polygamy'.
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Elites Fans Celebrate As Erica Nlewedim Bags Doubl
- Funmi Iyanda Discusses The Police's Reaction To Ra
- Star Radler Relaunches with a Refreshed New Look A
- LOOKBOOK: The Timeless Collection By Lucky Enemuo
- Moh outdoors new visuals for single ‘High Me’
- HERTUNBA debuts The ACTION LADY Collection
- Stunning photos of Queen Joy Ebhodaghe, Nigeria's
- ACTRESS AND MODEL, LINDA OSIFO SPEAKS ON HER APPE
- Nigerian born US-based Afrobeats Artist/ Model “Mu
- Signore Fusion Season 2 by Vanskere