"I started wearing expensive Brazilian hair before it became a craze" -Empress Njama
Empress is known for her hairstyle. How come you don't make it simple when it comes to your hair?
A lot of people always talk about my hair before my name while trying to introduce Empress. It is not a logo. It is just that everybody has one thing they are used to and they like doing. Over the years, I was one of the few that started wearing expensive Brazilian hair before it became a craze. I like to wear very full hair. Most times, it takes two people to make my hair. I wear what three or four people can wear. I am a hair person. Sometimes you make your passion your profession. I sell human hair but I started wearing it long before I started selling them. For a lady, your hair should stand out.
You also have so many footwears
I was able to give out 85 pairs of shoes to orphanages in Abuja and Lagos. I was left with more than 200. You would feel you have given out enough but at the end of the day, when you go back and count, you will find out that they are still there.
Do you love perfume?
I am a perfume person. I have bought a perfume that is worth over N300, 000. I have over 200 bottles. It is either you are into something or you are not. It doesn't mean that there is no cheaper perfume that smells better than that one, but it is something you like and you want to pick it.
Are you driving your dream car at the moment?
I am blunt. Cars come out every year. Each time you buy your so-called dream car, another one will come out. But I am driving a comfortable car. I'll hit my hand on my chest and say, 'I love my ride'. But it is not my dream car. I don't want to read this piece in two years time and feel stupid.
So what do you drive now?
I have Range Rover, a Highlander and Camry.
How is your business doing?
It is doing great. I call it House of Empress. We are based in Abuja. Lagos is clustered. I have not left acting. I am even on set this
Culled from Punch
Click the link below to go to...
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For
- Check out Face of Candycity Culture Joy Oghenetega
- Faith Ajayi The Melanin Queen Nigeria stuns in new
- BBNaija Lockdown, others emerge most-watched TV sh
- Julian Marley, Master KG and other stars set for A
- 5 Trends to Follow in 2021 to Boost your Beauty Bu