Mother’s death: First lady cuts short Geneva trip, returns home
First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, is on her way back to Nigeria following the tragic death of her mother in a car crash on Minday in Port Harcourt.
Reliable sources told our correspondent in Abuja this morning that Patience and the entourage, who were in Geneva on official assignment, are on their way back to the country following the orders given by the distraught woman who could not attend to scheduled engagements.
The news of the death of the woman popularly known as her foster mother, Mrs. Iwarioba (Sisi), was said to have been broken to her in Geneva by President Goodluck Jonathan through the telephone yesterday.
Though it was not clear if some of her close friends would be waiting to console with her at the Presidential Wing of the Abuja Airport, but our correspondent gathered that one of her aides had called to inform The Presidency that the Presidential jet that coverage the entourage to Geneva is on its way back to Abuja,
Mrs. Iwarioba was reported to have died yesterday in a road crash at Elele in Rivers State. She was on her way to neighbouring Bayelsa State. Her body was deposited at the Kpaima Mortuary on Elechi Beach, Mile One, Diobu, Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, around 6 pm, by the self-acclaimed “Speaker” of Rivers House of Assembly, Evans Bipi, accompanied by many policemen.
Click the link below to go to...
- Singer Big Very Releases New Love Ballad “rhumba Y
- “I want Nigerians To Know Stripping Does Not Make
- MohBad's Management Vows To Continue Fight To Retr
- Just In: Popular Nigerian-Young Singer, Mohbad Die
- The American Film Awards set to hold this Septembe
- Amerado Releases His Viral Tiktok Song 'kwaku Anan
- Kawangware Kings Music Empire Unveils Emotionally
- Ex-Beauty Queen Onuora Amaka shares stunning photo
- Remy Baggins And Ykb Team Up For New Single “fire
- "Danny Lampo And Article Wan Set To Drop Explosive