14 years Imprisonment for same sex marriage in Nigeria
Yay! Yesterday, The House of representatives approved 14 years imprisonment for persons who contracted same sex marriage in the country.
The Bill passed by Rep. Albert Sam-Tsokwa ( PDP-Taraba) said that it sought to achieve a far reaching objective by outlawing same sex marriage and provide punishment for offenders.It also set out a 10-year sentence for “any person who directly or indirectly makes public show of same-sex amorous relationships''.
“Any persons or group of persons that administers, witnesses, screen and shields the solemnisation of same sex marriage in Nigeria on conviction, will be liable to 10 years imprisonment,Marriage or civil union entered between persons of same gender shall not be solemnised in any place of worship, either church or mosque or any place in Nigeria,” it said.
Click the link below to go to...
- Van Daniels Properties Unveil Linda Osifo As First
- Nambitha Ben Mazwi, Beautiful South African actres
- 2020 100 Most Influential Young Nigerians announce
- 2 Weeks in Lagos: Beverly Naya Denies Dating Mawul
- Younass Collection Presents Pullo
- Charity Joe emerged "Face of Valentine Akwa Ibom 2
- Insecurity: Your failure to stop herdsmen impuniti
- Celebration As Zonju Hosts First Abuja SeaFood Fie
- Nigerian Humanitarian, Titilayo Eboh Honoured At A
- Abuja Man Gets Himself Admitted To Escape Valentin