Two Arik Air Cabin Crew Arrested At London Heathrow With Cocaine…
Two staff of Nigeria's largest airline – Arik Air have been arrested at the Heathrow Airport in London for suspected drug trafficking, Nigeria's anti-drug agency boss, Ahmadu Giade confirmed on Tuesday.
The Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency disclosed they had opened investigations after the Arik Airline workers were allegedly caught with cocaine. NDLEA spokesperson, Mitchell Ofoyeju said the allegations constituted a national embarrassment.
“We are aware of the arrest and we have opened an investigation”, Ofoyeju said.
Sources told PMNews early today [May 21] that the two Arik Air staff were arrested for cocaine.
They left the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, on Tuesday morning and arrived Heathrow about six hours later, the source said.
Banji Ola, Arik Air spokesperson said he did not have details. Ola did not know when the plane left Lagos and did not even know the names of the cabin crew involved.
“We are aware of the arrest and we have opened an investigation,” Ofoyeju said. Banji Ola, Arik Air spokesperson said he was not aware of the incident or flight details.
In December 2011, a 29-year-old Arik Air cabin crew, Ms. Chinwendu Uwakaonyenma Ogbonnaya was arrested in London for drug trafficking.
She was jailed for five years last year. After serving her jail term in London, Ogbonnaya is expected to be deported back to Nigeria.
Click the link below to go to...
- Spotlighting Rev. Cali Ugo Prince In Realm Of Pung
- Ndi Anambra Call On Maduka To Replicate His used A
- Biography of Nenny B, Award Winning TV Presenter
- Sandralia Hotel To Host Abuja All White Pool Party
- Nigeria Beauty Queen, Model And Philanthropist Xra
- Cardi B donnes Nigeria Inspired Outfit at Livespot
- Rapper Cardi B Parties With Burna Boy, Zlatan, Tiw
- Photos: Cardi B Visits Orphanage Home In Lagos