Pictures From Calabar International Carnival
The 2012 edition of one of Africa's biggest street carnivals, the Calabar International Carnival, lived up to expectations as it attracted more foreign tourists who visited Calabar for the carnival. It is gradually matching up to the standard big carnivals like the Nottinghill Carnival in the UK and the Rio Carnival in Brazil have set.
Even with absence of the ailing governor of the state, Liyel Imoke, the carnival didn't fail to hold as the atmosphere around the streets of Calabar was lively. Top Africa's pay-TV provider, DSTV did a live broadcast of the event. Both local and international media had their reporters covering the carnival.
Brazilian Sampa performed on the stage right before the performance of TRINADAD AND TOBAGO who used drums and acoustics to play many local tunes.
2012 CALABAR INTERNATIONA CARNIVAL is great fun filled event that truly worths all the troubles and roads closed to allow the processions of the entertainers. The carnival was started by Donald Duke, governor of the state between 1999-2007.
Click the link below to go to...
- Black Lives Matter: Us based director Olive Eko de
- Photos: Miss New Nigeria Queens releases Official
- Ex Beauty Queen & Singer April Chidinma Dazzles In
- MUKHY TAKES US ON A CRUISE IN NEW VIDEO OF DEBUT S
- Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor Share Their Lov
- President Buhari reappoints Chidia Maduekwe to hea
- Falz, Praiz, Timaya, Others Grace The Willis Give
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei