“We neglect our colleagues when they are alive and pretend to mourn after they die” – Stella Damasus
Ambassador for Women For Africa and Nollywood star actress, Stella Damasus has shed light on how colleagues in Nollywood neglect each other in times of need only to appear to mourn for them after they pass away;
“I'm very angry because the people in my industry are hypocrites. That man (Enebeli Elebuwa) was ill for a long time in Lagos and they turned it into a fanfare. People would go and visit him and take pictures with him, post it on Twitter, on Facebook, on their blogs; they used it to make people feel that they are philanthropists but nobody lifted a finger to take care of him or help his family.
They are more interested in politics; who would be President, how they can visit dignitaries who would dash them money. Nobody cares about the elderly people in the industry. We know how to celebrate people when they die, but when they are alive what do we do for them, especially the sick ones? The Delta state government eventually sponsored him to India. I'm just very pained.”
Share in her sentiments?
Click the link below to go to...
- “We are dealing with the issues of freedom of asso
- Davido's Manager, Isreal DMW, Breaks Up With Wife
- Nigerian-Inspired New Rock Opera 'Killin' Republic
- Fire Guts Popular Nigerian Singer’s House
- 28-year Old Nigerian Rapper Oladips Is Dead
- James Eze Drops Number 1, Featuring Elena Gaze
- Grammy Award Winner Angélique Kidjo to mark 40th c
- TNKAY Music Worldwide Vows To Ensure Justice For M
- “i Am Hurt That I Didn’t Get Congratulations From
- Wizkid Announces Break From Music