Breaking! Alhaji Lam Adeshina, ex-Oyo Gov is dead
News reaching Nollywoodgists.com confirms that the former state governor of Oyo State, Alhaji Lam Adesina is dead. The late teacher turned politician died this morning at St Nicolas Hospital after being on the sick bed for three months.
The late former governor, who was a top chieftain of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), is to be buried at about 4pm today at his Felele, Ibadan residence in Oyo State according to Islamic rites. He was aged 73 years before his death.
Alhaji Lamidi Ona-Olapo Adesina (born 20 January 1939 - 11 November 2012) is an educator who became governor of Oyo State in Nigeria on 29 May 1999 as a member of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) party.
He attended Loyola college in Ibadan. then studied at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka from 1961-1963. Later he attended the university of Ibadan in 1971. He worked in private educational institutions before entering politics.
Adesina was a sponsor of Abiola Ajimobi in his successful bid to be elected to the senate for Oyo South in 2003. Later the two men fell apart, and Ajimobi moved to the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), but in October 2009 the two were leaders of the Action Congress (Nigeria) (AC) party in Oyo State, and had reconciled.
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Click the link below to go to...
- Tochukwu Karen Obiwulu Celebrates Birthday with Be
- Let’s Work for Peace in Nigeria: Violence Erodes o
- Most Beautiful Melanin Girl in Nigeria World Anita
- Check out Most Beautiful Melanin Girl In Nigeria W
- D-Boy serenades Nigeria with brand new promotional
- Angels and Demons Theme Garnished Made In Heaven P
- Alleged Youngest Billionaire, Tunde Biletiri chall
- BBNaija: Fake nominations put Cindy, Diane, Frodd