JOKE SILVA, M.I CAMPAIGNS AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION TO SPAIN
Rap star, M.I., who was appointed a United Nations ambassador against the smuggling of migrants, alongside Nollywood icon, Joke Silva, on October 9, is scheduled to visit states with higher rates of illegal smuggling and will participate in a number of stakeholders meetings. Nigerian Hip-Hop star, M.I, will this month begin a nation-wide tour of six Nigerian states to raise awareness about the dangers of illegal migration from African nations to the Port of Spain.
”Every day, I hear new cases of hundreds of young people who embark on this tortuous journey that often leads to their deaths. What is even more saddening about it is that we have girls, women, graduates following this route, the search for a better life is not limited to uneducated men only”M.I said.
Speaking further, the artiste popularly referred to as Africa's number one rapper, adds, “The proposed trip is part of the “I AM PRICELESS” campaign against trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants, under the European Union funded project for “Promoting Better Management of Migration in Nigeria by Combating and Reducing Irregular Migration that occurs, inter alia, through Trafficking in Persons (TIP) and Smuggling of Migrants (SOM).”
The multi-award winning artiste and founder of 'Loopy Music' label which is home to artistes such as Afro-soul artiste, Ruby, and Rock group, Treadstone, shot to fame with his single 'Crowd Mentality' in 2004.
He has since bagged a number of international awards and is expected to release his 3rd studio album in 2013.
Click the link below to go to...
- Raunchy, Sassy, Daring - Nigerian Rapper, Nappy Gi
- Miss Vivian Okpala crowned The New Face Of Nigeria
- Jessy emerges winner of ‘Help the Hard Worker’ Awa
- Rashida Bello Expensively Stormed Dubai For Weight
- Nigeria Entrepreneur and Philanthropist Chief Ndui
- Pastor Dickson Of Wealthy Nations Ministry Weds Mi
- Nigeria- International Beauty, Entrepreneur and Su
- Bold. Beautiful. Daring. It's Shaffy Bello in All
- First Of It's Kind Nigeria Made "TAT Fragrance" La
- 24 Years UNN Undergraduate Chioma Patyline Emerges