PARDONED DRUG ACTRESS NEEDS N3.5M FOR MOVIE
Hassanat Akinwande Taiwo, a.k.a Wunmi, who was convicted for drug trafficking, is seeking public support to raise the sum of N3.5 million to produce a movie intended to document her drug trafficking ordeal.
“I need the prayers of all Nigerians and I need their financial support to package a movie on my drug ordeal.
“It is not a small amount of money. When I considered the total production cost, it will require about N3.5 million,” said Wunmi this morning, on a live TV programme monitored in Lagos.
The proposed movie, with the working title, Ogun Oloro, Wunmi said, would provide answers to the questions being asked by her fans on what led her into the crime, “so they can learn from my experience.”
The actress also hopes to use the movie to discourage youths from getting involved in drugs.
Wunmi was arrested in Lagos last September at the Murtala Mohammed Airport by NDLEA officials on suspicion of trafficking in cocaine as she was about boarding a Virgin Atlantic aircraft.
The actress later allegedly excreted 92 wraps (1.2 kilogrammes) of the banned substance.
She was found guilty of the crime and later sentenced, on 25 January this year, by a Lagos High Court to three years imprisonment, with a N1 million option of fine.
Wunmi, with the support of her family and colleagues, paid the N1 million fine two weeks later and regained her freedom.
- ‘I see a new Nigeria rising’, Bishop Feyi Daniels
- Davido Acquires #900million Lamborghini Aventador
- Blaqbonez Resents The Release Date Of Davido's New
- Tiwa Savage Ignores Joeboy And Discloses Affection
- "I Will Die Soon, I Have Completed My Earthly Mini
- Nollywood Actor And Wife Allegedly Dissolves Marri
- Teacher Set To Marry Her Primary School Student
- Davido Shakes Social Media As He Releases Snippet
- How Kingsley Yamoah filmed The Billionaire’s Wife
- Mr. Eazy Shares Thrilling Birthday Post To Temi Ot