Boko Haram Storm Bauchi Prison In A Jail Break Move
The dreaded Boko Haram religious sect has claimed responsibility for Tuesday's attack on Bauchi Prisons saying its men carried out the operation to free its members from Western influenced trials.
The sect in a pamphlet which it circulated on major streets in Bauchi however frowned at the name "Boko Haram" saying its name is "Jama'atu Ahlissunnah lidda'awati wal Jihad meaning people struggling to restore the implementation of Islamic Legal system and Muslim independence from Christian and this wicked government."
"We don't want to be called Boko Haram," they warned as they went ahead to commiserate with Muslims in Jos over the Jos crises.
The sect in the pamphlets defended their actions saying they were provoked by government into violence explaining that they had preached peacefully for eight years before the present government suddenly attacked them inside a mosque, one early morning and killed its members.
The pamphlet was however not signed and had no individual name on it.
The sect members said since it is the intention of government to kill its members, it will continue to fight state.
The sect wrote: "Who ever has a hand in punishing their members they will not forget him.
"Who ever wants his wife to become a widow he should get ready and we will not forget the way our members are killed in Dutsen Tanshi Police station, Yankari terminus, who ever has a hand in killing our members from the state governor down to ward and district head we didn't forget, and you will see what you wouldn't like."
Both the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Prison Service, Mr. Olusola Ogundipe and the General Officer Commanding 3rd Armoured Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Saleh Maina paid separate visits to the prison to assess the situation.
Ogundipe described the attack as unfortunate while Maina declined comments.
- US-based Nigerian media executive Akeju proposes t
- Singer Big Very Releases New Love Ballad “rhumba Y
- “I want Nigerians To Know Stripping Does Not Make
- MohBad's Management Vows To Continue Fight To Retr
- Just In: Popular Nigerian-Young Singer, Mohbad Die
- The American Film Awards set to hold this Septembe
- Amerado Releases His Viral Tiktok Song 'kwaku Anan
- Kawangware Kings Music Empire Unveils Emotionally
- Ex-Beauty Queen Onuora Amaka shares stunning photo
- Remy Baggins And Ykb Team Up For New Single “fire